Sunday 19 July 2015

Green Mushroom Dress

This was my quick project challenge. I managed to finish it in under one week, even though I had some doubts when sewing the dress and I had to do additional adjustments, mainly on the side seams.

I have chosen my false Colette Peony dress pattern – drafted by myself but inspired by Colette. I have already sewn it in wool for winter, so this is my silk summer version. The silk is somehow strange, I bought it because I liked the color and the little flower pattern, which seen from a distance look more like little mushrooms. At some point of time I was not even sure it was silk, but a burn test went out OK.

I do not think there is much to say about this dress: I am becoming a big fan of French seams, they just gve such a nice and smooth finish on the silk (did you know they are called “English seams” in French?) and I also lined the bodice with the self-fabric.
And the baby hem done on a machine accelerates the job!


The invisible zip on the back, being really invisible, I am getting really good in this :o)


And yes, I did not bother with pattern matching, I just made sure all the pattern pieces are correctly aligned (there is a diagonal pattern on the green background which was necessary to respect).



Inspiration: Colette Peony dress
Pattern: drafted by myself
Pattern changes: none
Technique: silk sewing
Fabric: green silk
Time to Complete: under one week

Total Cost: 18 EUR

1 comment:

  1. Impressive that you've drawn the pattern yourself! It looks really good! Love the neckline. I am also a fan of French seams. I am a very impatient sewer (well, just very impatient in general...), so I don't like having to first overlock all the pieces before getting started on the real sewing ;).

    ReplyDelete